|Company Name||thePlatform (view profile)|
thePlatform helps content providers, broadband media sites, and mobile businesses solve their unique media publishing requirements. Our proven media management and publishing technology services scale with our customers’ operations and support their business model with an open, versatile approach to providing an ideal technical solution for their needs. Customers include CNBC, Comcast, Fox Sports Network, NBC Local Media, Rogers, Time Warner Cable, Liberty Global and numerous others.
We are looking for a unique individual to fill our Client Integration Engineer position. This role is very diverse, you will need to be able to perform a variety of tasks that are both technical and social: helping to chart a client’s strategic use of thePlatform’s Media Publishing System, helping customers implement and configure their account, troubleshooting a current implementation, writing small scripts using thePlatform’s SDK, gathering/prioritizing new feature requests, working with customers to understand timelines and setting proper expectations.
- Develop and code custom Groovy scripts according to the customers ingest requirements.
- Develop and code custom Java/.NET projects using thePlatform API's to meet various customer application needs.
- Seamless project management through all phases of the customer relationship - coordinating with the customer, account manager, technical resources, and support personnel
- Communicating regularly with the customer to evaluate satisfaction and proactively identify upcoming needs
- Coordinating with technical personnel as needed to meet customer needs, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload or missed deadlines
- Formal routing of customer requests to engineering, sales or support as needed
- Communication to the customer regarding new features and releases of thePlatform services
- Documentation of current customer practices
- Travel: 5-10%
- 3+ years experience in professional services or technical project management
- Knowledge and ability to develop in .Net (C#) or Java
- Technical understanding of Web Services, current trends in the mobile and broadband marketplace
- Energized by making customers happy and successful
- Ability to understand the customer and to anticipate future needs and help determine the ideal solution for issues
- Phenomenal communication skills are a must for this job
- Steadfast and calm in explosive situations
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Experience with ActionScript 3.0
- Experience with Groovy Scripting
- Encoding experience- knowledge of common codecs and transcoding solutions
- Knowledge of DRM and adaptive bitrate technology
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we also believe in a healthy work/life balance and varied interests in life. At thePlatform, you will find many cycling enthusiasts, avid runners, passionate climbers and skiers who work hard and play hard – but no one plays as hard as our very own thePlatform soccer team! We have musicians, writers and artists who add a creative and colorful dimension to our enjoyment of the office life. We have true coffee aficionados who embody our city’s coffee culture – not to mention bring wonderful morning aromas into our kitchen. We would love for you to bring your passions to our growing team!
This position will be filled at thePlatform headquarters in Seattle, WA. thePlatform offers competitive compensation and spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations, including free cable, internet and an employee stock purchase plan, due to our company’s association with Comcast. Please visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and benefits. www.thePlatform.com
Apply Online: http://theplatform.com/about/careers/?gnk=apply&gni=8acda1103b1c6800013b1fcdc8ab4d3d&gns=geekwire