Microsoft began selling the Xbox One today and people are already complaining about problems.
It’s unclear as to how many people are affected, but a quick search for “broken Xbox One,” on YouTube shows quite a few angry customers. Over on the Xbox One product page at Amazon, 35 percent of customers have issued a 1-star review, with many reporting the same disc drive issue.
Important to note that not all the 1-star reviews are from “Amazon Verified Purchase” customers. Still, a good chunk of people seem to be having legitimate problems.
Microsoft hasn’t issued a statement regarding a specific problem, only directing gamers where to go for technical support.
Sony, meanwhile, had its share of problems after debuting its PS4 this past Friday. While still unclear, it appears many issues were caused by damage during shipment.
We’ll see how many Xbox One users end up reporting faulty consoles and we’ll update as we find out more.
- Photos: Macklemore, Lorde help Microsoft celebrate Xbox One launch around the world
- Yes, you can: How to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One
- Our week with the Xbox One: What to expect from Microsoft’s new console
- Video demo: Putting Xbox One voice commands to the test
- Surprise: YouTube is coming to the Xbox One after all