In 2012, Microsoft opened 51 new retail stores across the nation. So far this year it has already announced six new locations coming soon, and today the company introduced plans to open five more by this summer.
The newly announced stores will be in:
- Natick Mall, Natick, Massachusetts
- Ala Moana Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Pioneer Place, Portland, Oregon
- The Somerset Collection, Troy, Michigan
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
- Dadeland Mall, Miami, Fla.
- Beachwood Place, Beachwood, Ohio
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
- City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis
Last year, Microsoft opened its first international retail stores in Edmonton, Burnaby, Vancouver, and Toronto, and next month, a store is scheduled to open in London. The UK launch will be the first Microsoft retail store to open outside of North America.
Microsoft will provide more information on the new locations in the coming weeks, said Jonathan Adashek, Microsoft’s general manager of communications strategy in the Sales & Marketing Services Group.
Previously on GeekWire: Microsoft announces its first six retail stores of 2013
Reach Lily Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @LilyKatz