To help promote that, the company announced today that it is bringing a number of discounts to its AppStore this week, including a bunch of free apps for people looking to score holiday discounts.
First off, people who download an app or game from the AppStore will get a $5 credit that they can put towards future purchases with Amazon, in an attempt to drive more people to purchase from the AppStore.
To get that credit, users can download a bunch of free and deeply discounted apps, including Office Suite Pro 7, which will be on sale for 99 cents on December 26, as well as Angry Birds Star Wars II, which will be available for free on Christmas Day.
Here’s the full breakdown of what’s on sale:
- Up to 65% off apps and games from top game developers including Electronic Arts, Sega of America and Gameloft on titles such as Bejeweled 2, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Gangstar Vegas, and many others.
- One-day-only sale on Office Suite Pro 7 – only $0.99 (originally $14.99) on December 26th
- Free App of the Day bundles (savings of over $50):
- December 25 – Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, and Moon Phase Pro
- December 26 – Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese, and Business Calendar
- Free App of the Day deals:
- December 23 – Draw a Stickman: EPIC
- December 24 – Piano Master Christmas Special
- December 25 – Angry Birds Star Wars II
- December 26 – Where’s my Perry?
- December 27 – Quell Memento
- December 28 – Doodle Farm