If you want to be the first to get your hands on the Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2, Microsoft is hosting ten midnight launch events across the country to celebrate the launch of the company’s newest tablets.
The events start at 10 p.m. on Oct. 21 with Surface-related activities and a chance to win a trip to see Pitbull in Orlando the very next day.
Here in Washington, there will be a launch party at the Microsoft Store in the Bellevue Square Mall. There are nine other launch parties at these locations:
- Westfield San Francisco Centre
- Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Dadeland Mall (Miami)
- Lennox Square Mall (Atlanta)
- The Shops at Prudential Center (Boston)
- The Westchester (White Plains, N.Y.)
- The Domain (Austin, Texas)
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City (Arlington, Va.)
- Oakbrook Center Mall (Oak Brook, Ill.)
Lines formed for both the Surface (October of last year) and Surface Pro (February) launch at Seattle’s University Village. We’ll see if the same happens on Oct. 22 when Microsoft debuts the updated tablets. That also happens to be the same day Apple is set to announce details for its iPad and iPad Mini.