Arriving at a 404 error page can be a frustrating and annoying experience for anyone. But the movie database website IMDb, owned by Amazon.com, has cleverly hand-picked funny movie quotes that make the experience entertaining.
A Reddit contributor ”accidentally found and fell in love with” the concept and started a thread on the social news website. Reddit contributors added to the fun and came up their own error messages from famous movies.
You can entertain yourself by going to the IMDb 404 page and continually hitting refresh. Here are a few of the actual error pages:
- “What we’ve got here is…failure to communicate.” — Captain, Cool Hand Luke (1967)
- “Dude…” – Hurley, Lost (2004)
- “Surely you can’t be serious! I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.” — Ted Striker & Rumack, Airplane! (1980)
- “This is not the webpage you’re looking for.” — Obi-Wan, Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977)
- “Someday we’ll find it…the website connection…” — Kermit the Frog, The Muppet Movie (1979)
And here are some funny error pages the Redditors came up with:
- “Yeah…I’m gonna need you to go ahead and find another page.” – Bill Lumbergh, Office Space (1999)
- “The page? You can’t handle the page!” – Nathan R. Jessup, A Few Good Men (1992)
- “I am Jack’s missing page.” – Narrator, Fight Club (1999)
As noted by one Reddit user, IMDb’s server logs are probably looking pretty funny right now, too, with all these extra hits on the 404 pages.
Do you have any good ones from a favorite movie or TV show?