Here at GeekWire, we are incredibly proud to present the fourth annual Seattle 2.0 Startup Awards, and we’ve been enjoying watching the nominations roll in by the hundreds. This is a community-based event, and a celebration of all things startup and tech, so don’t miss your chance to get in on the first phase of the action.
Whether it’s the last big deal, or the next one, scrappy bootstrappers or geeks on the move, you’re all about schmoozing or more into caffeination , we’ve got something for everyone. Don’t be shy; nominate yourself, your friends, your colleagues, your idols, and your addictions:
- Startup of the year, presented by Washington Partners… This team is on the brink of stardom, but more importantly, innovating, executing, and making a difference. And they’ve been in business less than 3 years.
Startup CEO of the year…This leader has vision, fortitude, creativity, and that impossible to define x-factor.
- Geek of the year, presented by Filter… If engineering is the “kitchen” of startups and tech giants, geeks are the top chefs. Nominate the best developers, designers, makers and doers in local tech.
- Next tech titan… Feeling lucky? Place your bets on the next big exit, huge breakthrough, and dominant force in our backyard.
- Investor of the year…This nominee brings more than just money to the party. You know the one. Trusted advisor, recruiter, team player and spirit guide.
- Startup deal of the year…For this match made in heaven, everybody wins. It’s the Reese’s cup, chocolate-peanut butter combination, where a great investment or exit is a new beginning.
- Schmoozer of the year… No matter where you turn, this networking guru doesn’t miss a beat, or a tech event.
- Do-Gooder of the year, presented by Splunk…This is for the geeks who give back. No matter what the business model, this selfless individual is doing well by doing good.
- Bootstrapper of the year…scrappy is in. Whether living off savings, top ramen, or the best of all, revenues, this startup has hit major milestones without taking institutional capital.
Geekiest Coffee Shop…This is where the magic happens. The caffeine is as strong as the wi-fi signal and you can code in peace without feeling alone.
- Mobile App of the year, presented by AT&T…You might as well face it, you’re addicted to this app, whether it makes life easier, richer, funnier, more meaningful or just plain worth living.
- Hire of the year, presented by Protingent…Talent is the name of the game in tech, and this hire was a huge score for the lucky winner.
- Innovation of the year…This is it, you can feel it. This is where the world is going, the way of the future, and this breakthrough is one of the greatest hits of the year.
- Wild card, presented by Silicon Valley Bank (what or who deserves an award?) Here’s the format: ____ deserves an award for_____.
Competition is heating up, and entries have been both creative and inspired, so our judges will have some hard work to do next week in winnowing down the hundreds of nominess to just five finalists per category. Then, from April 9-April 23, you’ll have two weeks to vote for the rock stars of startups and tech. Don’t forget to sign up for the big bash while you can still take advantage of early-bird rates! Look forward seeing you at the celebration of the season, Thursday May 3, 5-9 PM at the EMP.
Thanks to our event sponsors Filter, Protingent, Salad Labs, Silicon Valley Bank, Splunk, Washington Partners, Heinz Marketing, Bader Martin, SEO Moz, Christensen O’Connor Johnson Kindness, Knoll, and Creativello for their support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for available sponsorship opportunities, and learn more here.