Microsoft’s growing retail footprint, in stores and online, comes with an obligation to participate in the annual Black Friday sales — at least if it wants to keep up with the competition in the madness that is post-Thanksgiving shopping in the United States.
The Microsoft Store retail site has put up a page teasing the company’s lineup of Black Friday deals, scheduled to start at 12 a.m. Pacific time Friday, and they’re not too shabby. The Microsoft Store’s Facebook page has additional details.
Here are some of the highlights.
- Samsung RC512 laptop running Windows 7: $499, normally $799.
- Xbox Ultimate Gaming Bundle: Up to $200 off.
- Kinect Sensor Holiday Bundle (with Fruit Ninja, Gunstringer and Kinect Adventures): $99.99, normally $149.99. (Not available online.)
- Free Windows Phone with a two-year service agreement. (The site doesn’t yet name the model or carrier.)
- Office Home and Student: $119.99, normally $149.99
- Up to $40 off Office for Mac.
- Sony S137GX Notebook: $599, normally $999. (Online-only deal)
- Acer Iconia Dual-Screen Touchbook: $599, normally $999.
- Price cuts on games including Madden 2012, Halo Anniversary and others (available in stores only). See Microsoft’s Facebook page for a list (click on “see more” once you’re there.)