Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on Seattle 2.0, and imported to GeekWire as part of our acquisition of Seattle 2.0 and its archival content. For more background, see this post.
By Danielle Morrill
Why Don’t We List Every Tech Event in Seattle?
Guidelines for Events We Will List
We only list events that:
- Are targeted at Technology Startups in Washington;
- The venue is located on Seattle or the Eastside;
- Are a valuable use of an entrepreneur’s time;
- Are available to anyone, either for free or for a price.
We don’t list:
- Pure technology events (“Learning CSS”, “Ruby on Rails Meetup”, “Developing on Google Apps”, etc.)
- Social Media events like Tweetups, bloggers gathering, etc. (unless they are startup relevant)
- Events that are more than 20 miles from Seattle. Boundaries are Tacoma (South), Bremerton (West), Redmond (East), and Everett (North).
- Events not valuable to technology startups or technology entrepreneurs;
- Invitation-only events (unless it’s “to entrepreneurs only”)
We understand some of these criteria are subjective, so feel free to contact us asking if it’s ok or not to add an event.